All LMJS members interested in being a Race Director and/or Race (Chip) Timer are invited to attend our
This training is designed for current, past and would-be Race Directors as there have been many significant changes in how our races are conducted. The club is in need of enlarging our core volunteers who are willing to assume leadership roles in conducting our monthly and special races.
During the past year the club acquired its own chip timing system and a volunteer team has devoted considerable
effort in learning how to use the system and is now ready to begin training others on all of the technical
aspects of chip timing a race. We are combining both trainings to encourage members to assume both roles
though attendees may opt to specialize and attend either session.
We plan to make this training much more
of a “hands on” session the previous trainings. We decided to essentially “shadow” race direct the August
26th “Time Is On Your Side Race” which will then be followed by Chip Timing Overview session.
Below is the
tentative session schedule:
Part 1 Race Director-On the Job Training
7:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Part 2 Race Director Q&A
- LMJS Storage Locker-access, contents, and security.
- Volunteers: Duties, management, and recognition
- RegistrationundefinedSetup, Pre-registration, and Walk-up Registration.
- Safety-First Aid & Complaints
- Start/Finish Lines-Set up, Chip Timing,
- Results & Awards
10:30 AM to 11:00 AM (Boat House Classroom)
Part 3 Chip Timing-Overview
11:00 Am -1:30 PM (Lunch will be provided at noon for all attendees).
- Jugular Cubby System: Equipment, Power Source, and Banner set-up
- Jaguar Software-Overview
- Pre-Race Tasks
- Race Day-Rapid Registration
- Results-Finish Line & Backup Systems
- Being a Chip Timer - Required skill sets and time commitments