LMJS VIRTUAL Fourth Sunday RACE Info
We'd love to have you join us for our July/August Virtual race!
Runners can run/walk their race from July 17 - August 15.
Want a little challenge to get out the door and run? Then our July run might be just the thing. Along with our traditional 5K, 10K, 15K, we will offer a wicked fun and 3 Hills Challenge with 3 ALL NEW hills!
This month, we will have an in-person option for those running the 5K! On Saturday, July 17th meet at the corner of Monarch Ave and Tower Ave, Alameda at 8:30 am if you want to join the fun! After our event meet at cafe Jolie on the corner of Santa Clara on Webster for outdoor brunch dining. This special 5K run is in support of Run For Justice. Latinos Run and Black Men Run are teaming up for this national event, helping to bring awareness to social justice issues and promote equity, fairness, diversity, human rights, and access to resources. If wanted, you can download a free bib, make a donation, or buy a tshirt on their website.
Or, do your virtual 5k, 10k, or 15k run at any safe location of your choice and self time as usual. Then submit your time on the google form. You'll get the link in your confirmation email.
To participate in the 3 Hills Challenge, you need to complete all three of the designated hills over a four weekend period. It's not Woodmonster, but it's still some hilly fun! Those who complete all Three Hills will receive a custom window cling to display proudly.
The Awesome Hills (Details on routes out shortly):
Just remember to self time, stay safe, and have fun.
- Grand Lake Theater to Piedmont High
- Skyline Gate Stream Trail. From Stream and Eucalyptus up to the drinking fountain at Skyline Gate
- Miller/Knox Park. Up Seacliff Dr from Angels Bay Ct over the hill and down to the end of the fence (Changes of War information board), then turn and run back up the hill to the other end of the fence (Amazing Wetlands info board)
Pay your entry fee on a sliding scale ($2.50-$20.00). You'll select the amount that you'd like to pay on the left. Later in the registration process you'll select your distance and/or your run challenge.
Race proceeds will be donated to the Run For Justice. You can also make a personal donation if you wish. All donations are sincerely appreciated in these difficult times.
Here's how the virtual race will work:
1. Each participant (members / non members) must register for this LMJS event.2. Run or walk your chosen race distance/run challenge in your neighborhood or other safe location between July 17th and the evening of August 15th. Be sure to self-time your run or walk.*
3. Report your race time using our online results form, which will be emailed to you when you register. The form must be submitted by Sunday, August 15th, 8:00 p.m. to be included in the results. The link to the form will also be in your confirmation email.
4. If you run more than one race, that's terrific! This month you can pick one race (5K, 10K, or 15K) and/or the 3 Hill Challenge to submit.
We will post results on our website as usual. Please use the same email address to log your results as you did to register to be counted in the final age group results.
For added fun, we welcome you to take a selfie and submit it to Training@lmjs.org. We'd like to make a photo slideshow to post on our website!* There are many apps on the internet that can help you calculate your run distance. For example there is the Google Map Pedometer (https://www.mappedometer.com), Strava (users guide), or Runkeeper.
We'd love to have you come run with us!!
Yours in running, LMJS