Jammin' in the Rain
LMJS VIRTUAL Fourth Sunday RACE Info
We'd love to have you join us for the first race of the year - Jamuary, the LMJS January Virtual Run and Challenge!
Runners can run/walk their race from January 16 - January 31.
Want a little motivation to run more consistently? Then our January run might be the nudge you are looking for! Along with THREE new Art Runs to choose from as well as our traditional 5K, 10K, 15K, we will offer a Run Challenge. To participate in the Run Challenge, you need to complete all three of the New Art Runs (23.3 miles) OR the traditional distances (18.6 miles) over a two week period. Just remember to self time and stay safe.
LMJS's own Matt Chan has created 3 Run Art routes in Berkeley just for us! You can choose from the Champagne Flute (6.2 miles), the Bell (7.5 miles), or the Snowman (9.6 miles). The Run Art route maps will be included in the confirmation email.
Don't live in Berkeley? You can instead choose to run one of our traditional distances with us: a 5K, 10K, or 15K.
Pay your entry fee on a sliding scale ($2.50-$20.00). You'll select the amount that you'd like to pay on the left. Later in the registration process you'll select your distance and/or your run challenge. Race proceeds will be donated to a local nonprofit to help protect the health of our community in this difficult time.
Here's how the virtual race will work:
1. Each participant (members / non members) must register for this LMJS event.
2. The Run Art route maps will be included in the confirmation email.
2. Run or walk your chosen race distance in your neighborhood or other safe location between January 16th and the evening of January 31st. Be sure to self-time your run or walk.*
3. Report your race time using our online results form, which will be emailed to you when you register. The form must be submitted by Sunday, January 31st, 8:00 p.m. to be included in the results. The link to the form will also be in your confirmation email.
4. If you run more than one race, that's terrific! This month you can pick one race and/or one run challenge to submit.
We will post results on our website as usual. Please use the same email address to log your results as you did to register to be counted in the final age group results.
For added fun, we welcome you to take a selfie and submit it to Training@lmjs.org. We'd like to make a photo slideshow to post on our website!* There are many apps on the internet that can help you calculate your run distance. For example there is the Google Map Pedometer (https://www.mappedometer.com), Strava (users guide), or Runkeeper.
Come jam with us and get this year off to a great start!!
Yours in running, LMJS
Photo: Giuseppe Milo, CC BY 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons