LMJS VIRTUAL Fourth Sunday RACE Info
Join LMJS for our next Virtual Race on September 25 - September 27, 2020
This month, we are offering Exquisite Air and all 3 of the distances that we normally offer at our in person races: the 5K, 10K, and 15K!
Pay your entry fee on a sliding scale ($2.50-$20.00) and receive an LMJS neck gaiter that you can use as a face covering (pictured below). Proceeds from this 4th Sunday Race will be donated to an inclusive nonprofit that fits in our mission. Together we can help our community in these challenging times.
A couple of weeks after you submit your result, we will mail out LMJS neck gaiters to those who want one. Sign up today and run or walk in the name of LMJS to promote more partnerships in our community!
Here's how the virtual race will work:
1. Each participant (members / non members) must register for this LMJS event.
2. Run or walk your chosen race distance in your neighborhood or other safe location between September 25 and the evening of September 27. Be sure to self-time your run or walk.*
3. Report your race time using our online results form, which will be emailed to you when you register. The form must be submitted by Sunday, September 27th, 8:00 p.m. to be included in the results. The link to the form will be in your confirmation email.
4. If you run more than one race, that's terrific! But pick just one to submit.
5. Make sure to add your current mailing address to the results form so we can mail your LMJS neck gaiter.
Lake Merritt, June 2020
We will post results on our website as usual. Please use the same email address to log your results as you did to register to be counted in the final age group results.
For added fun, we welcome you to take a "selfie" during/after your run and submit it to Training@lmjs.org. We'd like to make a photo slideshow to post on our website.
* There are many apps on the internet that can help you calculate your run distance. For example there is the Google Map Pedometer (https://www.mappedometer.com), Strava (users guide), or Runkeeper.
Have a great time with this!!! Yours in running, LMJS