LMJS VIRTUAL Fourth Sunday RACE Info
Whatever your dinner this Thanksgiving, you may find yourself looking for a way to dial down on the scale afterward. Let us help you with that with the LMJS November Virtual Run! from November 20 - November 29, 2020!Runners can run/walk their race from 11/20-11/29. This month, we will again offer all 3 of the distances that we normally offer at our in person races: the 5K, 10K, and 15K! Just remember to self time and, unlike these turkeys, socially distance to stay safe.
*Image by Carol M Highsmith from Pixabay
We have extended the dates for this run to allow you to find a day with good weather and decent air quality for your efforts.
Pay your entry fee on a sliding scale ($2.50-$20.00). You'll select the amount that you'd like to pay on the left. Later in the registration process you'll select your distance.
We have Transports neck gaiters for those runners who register AND complete a results form. A couple of weeks after you submit your result, we will mail these out to the lucky people who qualify.
Here's how the virtual race will work:
1. Each participant (members / non members) must register for this LMJS event.
2. Run or walk your chosen race distance in your neighborhood or other safe location between November 20 and the evening of November 29. Be sure to self-time your run or walk.*
3. Report your race time using our online results form, which will be emailed to you when you register. The form must be submitted by Tuesday, November 29th, 8:00 p.m. to be included in the results. The link to the form will be in your confirmation email.
4. If you run more than one race, that's terrific! But pick just one to submit.
5. Make sure to add your current mailing address to the results form so we can mail your Transports neck gaiter if you want one.
*Image by Hannah Edgman from Pixabay
We will post results on our website as usual. Please use the same email address to log your results as you did to register to be counted in the final age group results.
For added fun, we welcome you to take a selfie with your turkey during/after your run and submit it to Training@lmjs.org. Your turkey can be a hat, an actual turkey or anything with a turkey on it. We'd like to make a photo slideshow to post on our website!* There are many apps on the internet that can help you calculate your run distance. For example there is the Google Map Pedometer (https://www.mappedometer.com), Strava (users guide), or Runkeeper.
Have a great time with this!!! Yours in running, LMJS