LMJS VIRTUAL Fourth Sunday RACE Info
Warm up for the election with LMJS with Run the Vote! A Virtual Race from October 23 - November 3, 2020!
The 2020 Elections take place on November 3rd. No matter who you vote for, we encourage everyone to get out there and exercise your right to vote! Runners can run/walk their race from 10/23-11/3. You could even run to the polling stations/drop boxes!
This month, we are offering all 3 of the distances that we normally offer at our in person races: the 5K, 10K, and 15K! Just remember to self time.
We have extended the dates for this run to allow you to Run to the Polls and exercise your right to vote! This extension will also allow you the flexibility to find a day with good weather and decent air quality for your efforts instead if you'd prefer.
Pay your entry fee on a sliding scale ($2.50-$20.00). You'll select the amount that you'd like to pay on the left. Later in the registration process you'll select your distance.
Proceeds from this 4th Sunday Race will be donated to our sister RRCA club, the East Bay Front Runners, who hold their annual Pride Run from Oct 10 - 18 this year. Together we can help our community in these challenging times.
We have Transports neck gaiters for the first 70 runners who register AND complete a results form. A couple of weeks after you submit your result, we will mail these out to the lucky people who qualify.
Here's how the virtual race will work:
1. Each participant (members / non members) must register for this LMJS event.
2. Run or walk your chosen race distance in your neighborhood or other safe location between October 23 and the evening of November 3. Be sure to self-time your run or walk.*
3. Report your race time using our online results form, which will be emailed to you when you register. The form must be submitted by Tuesday, November 3rd, 8:00 p.m. to be included in the results. The link to the form will be in your confirmation email.
4. If you run more than one race, that's terrific! But pick just one to submit.
5. Make sure to add your current mailing address to the results form so we can mail your Transports neck gaiter if you qualify.
We will post results on our website as usual. Please use the same email address to log your results as you did to register to be counted in the final age group results.
For added fun, we welcome you to take a selfie during/after your run and submit it to Training@lmjs.org. Remember to include your Voting Sticker if you get one. We'd like to make a photo slideshow to post on our website.
* There are many apps on the internet that can help you calculate your run distance. For example there is the Google Map Pedometer (https://www.mappedometer.com), Strava (users guide), or Runkeeper.
Have a great time with this!!! Yours in running, LMJS