LMJS VIRTUAL Fourth Sunday RACE Info
**UPDATE** We've extended the ending date for this to Sunday, August 30 due to the poor air quality in many areas in and around San Francisco Bay. Run safe, everyone!
Join LMJS for our third Virtual Race on August 21 - August 30, 2020
This month, we are bringing back all 3 of the distances that we normally offer at our in person races: the 5K, 10K, and 15K!
Our Sliding Scale fee was so popular that we are continuing it this month. Pay your entry fee on a sliding scale ($2.50-$20.00) and receive an LMJS neck gaiter that you can use as a face covering (pictured below). Proceeds from this 4th Sunday Race will be donated to a Black charity tbd that fits in our mission. Through your generosity we donated $1250 to the organization 100 Black Men of the Bay Area!
After you submit your result, we will mail your LMJS neck gaiter. This one is a different design and color from last month's. Sign up today and run or walk in the name of LMJS to promote more partnerships in our community!
Here's how the virtual race will work:
1. Each participant (members / non members) must register for this LMJS event.
2. Run or walk your chosen race distance in your neighborhood or other safe location between August 21 and the evening of August 30. Be sure to self-time your run or walk.*
3. Report your race time using our online results form. The form must be submitted by Sunday, August 30th, 8:00 p.m. to be included in the results. The link to the form will be in your confirmation email.
4. If you run more than one race, that's terrific! But pick just one to submit.
5. Make sure to add your current mailing address to the results form so we can mail your LMJS neck gaiter.
We will post results on our website as usual. Please use the same email address to log your results as you did to register to be counted in the final age group results.
For added fun, we welcome you to take a "selfie" during/after your run and submit it to Training@lmjs.org. We'd like to make a photo slideshow to post on our website.
Alisha Semplar, July Virtual 5k
* There are many apps on the internet that can help you calculate your run distance. For example we have used the Google Map Pedometer (https://www.mappedometer.com) for some of our trail races.
Have a great time with this!!! Yours in running, LMJS