Join the official Alameda County training program for the 2019 Oakland Running Festival (ORF) Marathon and Half Marathon!
Train for your spring marathon or half marathon with LMJS and join a community of runners who support your running.
Marathon Training Program
- 18 weeks
- Begins Monday, November 19, 2018.
- First group run on Saturday, November 24 at 8:00 am.
Half Marathon Training Program
- 12 weeks
- Begins Monday, December 31, 2018
- First group run on Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 8:00 am.
- Trainees are encouraged to join Saturday runs with marathon trainees beginning November 24.
Why train with LMJS?
- Saturday morning training runs at various locations in the East Bay
- Run with others who run at your pace - you'll make new running friends and enjoy the long runs!
- Discover new places to run long
- Pace groups for most levels with experienced leaders
- Detailed training schedule
- Group speed workouts
- Weekly training emails to inform and motivate you
- RRCA-certified running coaches
- Preview the ORF marathon and half marathon course
- Hospitality tent on race day at ORF
- ORF Marathon and Half Marathon registration discount
- Yes, you can train for different races (e.g., LA Marathon, Napa Valley, Boston, Big Sur) with us!
- Only $80 for LMJS members and $105 for non-LMJS members.
Annual LMJS membership is $20.